What to expect and what not to expect with this Skagway shore excursion
A short 20-minute transfer from downtown Skagway brings you up to the tip of the Taiya Inlet near the historic town of Dyea where guides help to prepare you for the adventure ahead. Begin with the biking portion: a 5-mile off-road mountain bike ride over flat terrain. This ride takes you both through open flats and enclosed rainforest alike, and stops along the way allow time for photos and narrative from your guide. Upon arrival at the Chilkoot Trail, begin a 2-mile hike over this historic gold rush trail.
- 5 ½ hours duration
- Intimate 1:6 guide to guest ratio
- 5-mile bicycle ride
- 2-mile hike on the Chilkoot Trail
- Scenic River Float
- Limited spaces - book this one early!
Begin following the same path traversed by stampeders in 1898 as your ecologist guide describes the diverse Alaskan rainforest all around. After the first mile, the trail flattens out for a scenic stroll until arriving riverside where a raft awaits for transport down the Taiya River. Keep your eyes peeled for eagles on this scenic, non-whitewater float tour to complete the Triple Adventure. See Skagway and beyond from 3 different perspectives on this top-rated Skagway shore excursion!
If you'd like to skip the cycling, check out the The Chilkoot Hike & Float. For more active tour options throughout the Inside Passage, take a look at Ketchikan's Kayak Eco Tour or Juneau's Mendenhall Glacier Paddle & Trek
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
SKAGWAY TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: The minimum age to participate on this Skagway shore excursion is 10 years old and all participants must be 4'6" in height.
- Accessibility: Participants must be confident riding a bicycle with handbrakes along approximately five miles of flat, dirt roads. Helmets are required. You must be able to hike 2 miles up and downhill on uneven terrain. You must be confident getting in and out of a raft.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Sport shoes and layered clothing are recommended. A helmet, rain/wind jacket and pants, and fleece gloves will be provided.