Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Alaska Shore Tours (“Company”, “we”, “us”. or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Do we use Google maps?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from majors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us regarding this policy?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites. the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data
We collect your ﬁrst and last name. email address. postal address, phone number. and other similar contact data.
We collect passwords, password hints. and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
__Payment Data __
We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number). and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your speciﬁc identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses. we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources. such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media proﬁle information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulﬁllment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”). with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the speciﬁc processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account ‘(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR
PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly for Contractual. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulﬁll and manage your orders for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulﬁll and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- For Other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes. such as data analysis, identifying usage trends. determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulﬁll business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies. suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing
efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites. which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to. among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy. we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, ﬁnancing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service.
required by law.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives). then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites. you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected. we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the ﬁght (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectiﬁcation or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable. to data portability. In certain circumstances. you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the mag gems provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can ﬁnd their contact details
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
– Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies. this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choicesl.
Opting out of email marketing; You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
– Contact us using the contact information provided.
– Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted speciﬁc rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us. once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age. reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites. To request removal of such data. please contact us using the contact information provided below. and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
This policy was last modified on 5/26/2021.
Book Now, Pay Later
Our Book Now, Pay Later option allows you to make your reservation with just a 5% deposit. The remaining balance is paid two weeks before your tour.
The 5% deposit is non-refundable under all circumstances. Your final payment is automatically scheduled with the credit card used for your deposit. This payment will be processed 13 days before the date of the first tour on your invoice. A reminder email will be sent to you 5 days before this payment. If your payment is declined, your reservation will be canceled.
Please see these examples for the refund amounts for each payment method:
Tour reserved with payment in full
- No Flex Cancel purchased – Canceled at least 14 days before the tour: 100% refund
- Flex Cancel purchased – Canceled at least 24-hours before the tour: Full refund less Flex Cancel fee
- The tour is canceled due to weather: 100% refund (minus Flex Cancel fee if purchased)
- Your cruise ship’s schedule is canceled or delayed (causing you to miss the tour): 100% refund (minus Flex Cancel fee if purchased)
Tour reserved with Book Now, Pay Later
- No Flex Cancel purchased – Canceled at least 14 days before the tour: Your payment for the remaining balance will be canceled. Your 5% deposit is not refunded.
- Flex Cancel purchased – Canceled at least 24-hours before the tour: 95% refund, less Flex Cancel fee
- The tour is canceled due to weather: 95% refund (minus Flex Cancel fee if purchased)
- Your cruise ship’s schedule is canceled or delayed (causing you to miss the tour): 95% refund (minus Flex Cancel fee if purchased)
To update your credit card information you must contact us at least 14 days before the date of the first tour on your invoice.
Standard Cancellation Policy: You may cancel up to 14-days before the tour for a refund. No refund is available if canceled within 14-days of the tour. Flex Cancel Policy: If you purchase the optional Flex Cancel insurance, you may cancel up to 24-hours before the tour for a refund, less the non-refundable Flex Cancel insurance fee. No refund is available if canceled within 24-hours of the tour.
If your cruise ship doesn’t arrive in port, or is late and causes you to miss the tour, or if for any reason the tour is canceled (due to weather, for example) you will receive a refund.
*Our Book Now, Pay Later option requires a 5% deposit that is non-refundable. *The optional Flex Cancel insurance policy fee is non-refundable.
We must be notified at (844) 626-9600 or by email for a refund to be issued. To request a cancellation, please provide us with your reservation number (beginning with the letter “A” followed by numbers), as well as your reason for cancellation. We send an email out once the refund has been issued, it can then take 5-10 days to show up on your credit card statement.
Save $100 when you book three or more tours with us! The means by which the multi-tour discount is applied varies by booking method:
- If three or more tours are booked in a single web session, the discount will be automatically applied to the total during checkout. Contact us if for any reason the discount is not automatically applied during multiple-tour checkout, and we will apply it manually.
- If your third tour is booked at a later time than the first and second tour, you will need to contact us so a reservations agent may apply the discount for you.
- The multi-tour discount is contingent upon all qualifying activities taking place. If a tour is canceled due to weather or any reason, the multi-tour discount becomes void.
- The multi-tour discount is only applicable when there are two or more guests per reservation.
Currency exchanges will be made to and from US dollars according to real-time market exchange rates. This means that, in some instances where exchange rates have changed, customers may receive a full refund totaling less than the amount paid for the initial purchase.
We guarantee that you will not miss your cruise ship. We book tours for thousands of cruise ship passengers every year and we’ve never left anyone behind! If you were to miss your ship’s departure through no fault of your own on a tour that has been booked with us, we will get you to your next port of call. Transportation and any necessary lodging will be provided.
*This guarantee is not provided for guests docking in Haines that elect to go to Skagway for a tour via ferry.