What to expect and what not to expect with this Skagway shore excursion
The Skagway Glacier Discovery Helicopter Tour begins just a short walk from your cruise docks, where you will find the helicopter operations base along Skagway's historic shoreline for a safety briefing and take-off. Views begin right as you leave Skagway, with an aerial view of this picturesque town, before you soar over the towering peaks that loom over the port town, on your way to Chilkat, Ferebee, of Meade Glacier. The glacier landing and flight routes are chosen daily for optimal views and a pristine mountain experience that you won't find on any other Alaska shore excursions.
- An up close glacier experience
- 2 hours duration
- Fully guided by local experts
- 3 glacier options
- Intimate small-group setting
- 40 mintue walking tour
Once you land on the glacier of the day, you are in for a 40 minute exploration of the unique landscape that surrounds these glaciers. Keep close to your guide as they explain the incredible forces at work on these icy rivers. You will encounter anything from cascading waterfalls and deep crevasses to towering jagged peaks and the awe-inspiring mass of Meade Glacier flowing out before you, on this once in a lifetime tour. The Skagway Glacier Discovery Helicopter Tour has incredible views no matter where you land, and even more spectacular sights on your stunning return journey to Skagway. So grab your binoculars, and hop on board for one of most spectacular Alaska shore excursions.
Want more glacier time? Check out the exclusive Mendenhall Glacier Canoe Paddle and Trek in Juneau!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
SKAGWAY TOURS DETAILS:
- Accessibility: This tour requires a moderate fitness level in order to load and unload the helicopter unassisted, and walk on icy, uneven terrain with only the assistance of trekking poles provided by the guides. To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 250 pounds (clothed weight) or more must pay an additional $100.00 to secure extra space in the aircraft. Passenger names and weights are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting.
- Minimum Age: There is no minimum age on this tour. Lap children under 24 months fly for free!
- What to Bring: Wear warm, comfortable clothing and remember your sunglasses! iPads, iPad minis, tablets, drones, water bottles, and Go-Pro Sticks or other extendable items are not permitted on tour.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Guest Rate: $339.00
- Infant Rate: Free (under 24 months) + 5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Skagway Shore Tours
Q:How many passengers per helicopter?
Each helicopter can seat up to 6 passengers, provided the weight and balance calculations work out in each aircraft.
Q:What if my tour group is larger than 6 people?
There are several helicopters available at the base and can make accommodations for larger groups with advance notice. If your group exceeds 6 passengers and requires the use of multiple aircraft, we instruct the pilots to coordinate landing locations on the glacier so that you can have your landing time together.
Q:Will we see wildlife on the tour?
There is a good chance wildlife will be seen during your tour, either in flight or while on the glacier. However, this is not a wildlife viewing tour and we cannot guarantee you will see wildlife.
Q:Can children come on the tour?
Absolutely! We are more than happy to accommodate children of all ages. Lap children 2 and under fly for free!
Q:What happens if the weather is too bad to fly?
If the weather is just not cooperating and the pilots determine that it’s too bad to fly, we’ll do our best to reschedule you to a later time of day that works for you. If you choose not to reschedule or we can’t find a time that works for you, our refund policy clearly states that refunds due to weather canceled flights are refunded in full.
Q:What if I need extra help on the tour?
This tour does require a moderate level of fitness in order to load/unload the helicopter and navigate on icy/uneven terrain. Please contact one of our agents if you have further questions about the ability level required for this tour.
You are here: