What to expect and what not to expect with this Skagway shore excursion
Your journey on the Skagway Adventure Hike begins with pickup right next to the cruise ship pier and includes roundtrip transportation. Next, enjoy an educational guided town tour as your driven through Skagway and up the White Pass along the Klondike Highway. Many Skagway visitors take bus tours to see the White Pass Summit, but guests on the Skagway Adventure Hike are awarded extra-special scenery that you just can't get without hitting the trail!
- 2 ¾ hours duration
- Transportation provided
- Naturalist Guide
- Trekking poles, binoculars, & light snack provided
- Family-Friendly (minimum age is 6-years-old)
To assist you on the trail, trekking poles are provided and steeper areas are equipped with hand-lines. Additionally, your guide makes frequent stops so you can catch your breath with Alaska's crisp, fresh mountain air. Binoculars are available but don't forget your camera, because it's truly mesmerizing scenery on this lush trail!
Looking for a longer hiking experience? Ask us about the White Pass Mountaineering Adventure! And, for a hiking tour that includes walking on a glacier, check out Juneau’s Mendenhall Glacier Trek!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
SKAGWAY TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: The minimum age to participate on this Skagway shore excursion is 6-years-old.
- Accessibility: This tour is rated at a strenuous level. Guests must be fit enough to hike over steep, uneven, and rocky terrain for approximately two hours. Hand lines are utilized on some of the steeper sections of the trail to assist with the ascent and descent.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Dress warmly in layers and bring rain gear. Stable, closed-toe footwear is required.