What to expect and what not to expect with this Skagway shore excursion
You won't see this tour offered through the cruise lines. This is an exclusive private tour with a knowledgeable, local guide. This adventure begins by heading north out of Skagway towards the White Pass Summit. You'll see the 'Tormented Valley', International Falls, Pitchfork Falls and several other prime photo opportunities. Your guide narrates the journey and you are in complete control of this totally customized and private experience.
This tour contains everything available on the Private White Pass Summit Tour with a little more time to explore the local history of Skagway. If you have specific requests, just let us know - it's your tour!
- Exclusive tour - just your group and a local guide
- Dock-to-dock transportation
- 4 hours duration
- Includes Skagway Overlook, Gold Rush Cemetery and Lower Reid Falls
- PASSPORTS REQUIRED
See more of the Inside Passage! Take a look at Ketchikan's Backcountry Jeep & Canoe Safari!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
SKAGWAY TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: There is no minimum age to participate on this tour. Car seats are available by request for younger children
- Accessibility: Because this is a completely custom tour we can accommodate many types of accessibility limitations. This tour can include as few or as many stops as you would like. Just ask us about specific conditions.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: In preparing for Skagway excursions, we recommend dressing in layers as Alaskan weather can change quickly. Then you can shed a layer when warm or add a layer if cool. Wear a T-shirt, sweatshirt or fleece and a windproof jacket and you will be ready for what ever weather you might encounter.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
|TOUR TIME||PICKUP TIME||duration||drop-off time||available|
|3:30 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||4 hours||7:30 p.m.||7 days/week|
*Custom start times are available, though we recommend a 3:30 p.m. start time for the best experience.
- Groups up to 8: $500.00 ($125/hour)/vehicle
- Groups 9 - 14: $580.00/vehicle ($145/hour) + 5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Skagway Shore Tours
Q:What kinds of customizations are available for private tours?
There are several different options for your group as we tour. A few examples of what we can do are:
- Enjoy the scenery from the comfort of our vehicle, stopping for photo opportunities from the Klondike Hwy. for as far as you’d like to go.
- Take a backroad, so that you’ll get to see more remote wilderness areas of Alaska and the Yukon.
- Take a picnic lunch to enjoy near a river or lake.
- Talk to a First Nation carver about his love of carving and the culture of his people.
Q:Do you pick up at the ship?
Yes, we will pick you up and drop you off at your ship, or any where that we agree to meet!
Q:What should I bring?
Passports are REQUIRED for border crossing into Canada, only 15 miles north of Skagway. For some nationalities, additional documentation may be required. Children accompanying parents should have an original or certified copy of their birth certificate or Passport. If one or both parents are not traveling with the child, a notarized letter of authorization from the absent parent(s) is also necessary to cross into Canada.
Bring your camera. Binoculars are optional, as these are provided for you on the tour.
Q:Will we see wildlife?
For wildlife sightings such as bear, moose, mountain goats and others, the Yukon is your best bet. About 50% of our Yukon excursions see some type of wildlife. Short of hiring a cousin to dress up in costume, we can not guarantee you’ll see wildlife, and yet, we often do!
You are here: