What to expect and what not to expect with this Skagway shore excursion
Now, for the first time, we are offering this private Emerald Lake train tour to those looking to take in the absolute best that this area has to offer. We know that most may never make it back to this area, and this tour packs the best into one comprehensive day trip. It spans the entire 67.5 mile White Pass train route, bypassing the typical Summit turn-around and continuing on even further into Carcross, Yukon. If you're researching Skagway tours, then you've undoubtedly heard about the White Pass train, a historic, narrow-gauge railroad that climbs up and over White Pass Summit and meanders into Canada's Yukon Territory. It's universally accepted as one of those "must" activities in terms of things to do in Skagway Alaska, and with good reason.
- Journey further than typical Skagway train tours, see Yukon Territory
- Meet a private guide and vehicle in Carcross
- Combination train AND bus tour
- Lunch included at Lake Bennett, bottled water included
- PASSPORT REQUIRED
- This train is not equipped with a wheelchair lift
Rather than retracing the same track back to town as the majority of the Skagway train trips do, this tour is paired with a guided tour in a private vehicle that gives guests a different perspective, includes an informative narrative from a friendly guide and explores more scenery making this combination tour the best Alaska train experience available. Stops at Emerald Lake, Carcross, and views of Yukon's Southern Lakes Region are all added bonuses on this Skagway shore excursion.
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
SKAGWAY TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: There is no minimum age to participate on this tour.
- Accessibility: This tour has a moderate level of activity. This particular train is not equipped with wheelchair access so participants must be able to walk up and down a few steps.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: In preparing for Skagway excursions, we recommend dressing in layers as Alaskan weather can change quickly. Dress comfortably and pack a rain jacket just in case. Don’t forget your camera!
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
|Day||Tour TIME||Boarding Time||duration||drop-off time|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m.||8:30 a.m.||8 hours||4:45 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m.||7:30 a.m.||8 hours||3:30 p.m.||Thursday||7:30 a.m.||7:30 a.m.||8 hours||3:30 p.m.||Friday||8:30 a.m.||8:30 a.m.||8 hours||4:45 p.m.||Saturday||7:30 a.m.||7:30 a.m.||8 hours||3:30 p.m.|
You've got questions, we've got answers
Skagway Shore Tours
Q:How long is this excursion?
This Skagway shore excursion lasts approximately 8 hours from start to finish, encompassing a full-day tour. Lunch is included at the Bennett Station House and there is a little free time in Carcross, Yukon for shopping and exploring.
Q:Where do we meet for this tour, at the train?
Participants must check-in at the White Pass depot office to obtain tickets for this tour.
Q:Why are passports required for this tour?
This tour enters Canada’s Yukon Territory and passports will be required to go through the Canadian customs post, as well as to re-enter the United States. Passports are required for all adults and children accompanying parents should have an original or certified copy of birth certificate or a passport. If one or both parents are not traveling with the child, a notarized letter of authorization from the absent parent(s) is also necessary to cross into Canada. Every passenger should be informed of the requirements on your confirmation form. If passengers show up for the tour without the proper ID, they will not be allowed to board. While we will attempt to accommodate passengers lacking identification, there is no guarantee that suitable arrangements can be made, and no refund will be given under these circumstances. Passengers with felonies, DUI, or criminal charges are not allowed entry into Canada.
Q:What times are the departures?
The departure times for all of our excursions vary by the day. Please check the sidebar to the right for availability information.
You are here:
Private Bennett Lake Train Tour Pricing
Pricing depending on quantity of people in your group.
|# of People||Price per person|
|1||$895.00||+ 5% sales tax|
|2||$535.00||+ 5% sales tax||3||$415.00||+ 5% sales tax||4||$355.00||+ 5% sales tax||5||$319.00||+ 5% sales tax||6||$295.00||+ 5% sales tax||7||$278.00||+ 5% sales tax||8||$265.00||+ 5% sales tax||9||$255.00||+ 5% sales tax||10||$247.00||+ 5% sales tax|
Please inquire about groups larger than 10