What to expect and what not to expect with this Skagway/Haines shore excursion
Your exciting day of adventure on the Haines Bike, Hike, & Brew begins with bike fitting and orientation. If you're feeling up for it, you can even request an electronic bike for your ride! After you're all geared up and ready to go, your journey starts with a stunning 2-mile ride along the coast, keeping an eye out for seals and other wildlife! You'll arrive at the Battery Point trailhead for a 1.5-mile hike along the well-maintained trail through the rainforest. Your experienced guides share a wealth of knowledge with you about the area and the fascinating native plant species.
- 6 hour duration for guests coming from Skagway / 4 hour duration for guests in Haines
- Transportation provided
- Scenic bike ride & hike
- All equipment provided
- Sample locally crafted beer!
At the end of the trailhead, take in more sights at a secluded beach before biking along the waterfront to the Haines Brewing Company. Enjoy the company of friendly locals as you sample craft beer and recount the fond memories you're making on your Alaska tours! The Haines Bike, Hike, & Brew adventure is a top choice for those interested in active sightseeing and exploring local favorites!
Looking for another Skagway hike or bike experience? Check out the Skagway Adventure Hike and the Triple Adventure! Or, for another scenic excursion in Haines, take a look at the Chilkoot Canoe Wildlife Safari.
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
SKAGWAY/HAINES TOUR DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: The minimum age to participate on this Skagway/Haines shore excursion is 13-years-old.
- Accessibility: All participants must be at least 4'6" in height. To consume alcohol at the brewery, you must be at least 21-years-old with valid ID. Guests should be in good physical shape and able to bike for 5 miles and hike for 2-3 miles over uneven terrain. Participants must be confident riding a bicycle with handbrakes and walking 2 miles on dirt trails. Guests can choose to use a Trek Verve+ 2 E-Bike for the riding portion of this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we will issue a refund. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure are non-refundable.
- What to Wear: A valid ID is required at the brewery to consume alcohol. Sport shoes and layered clothing are recommended. Rain jacket, pants, and fleece gloves are provided. Helmets are required and provided.